Insurance Software Design | Technical Writer / Project Manager
Deerfield Beach, Fla. | 2012 to 2014
Managed IT department projects, documented internal processes and created promotional content for inhouse insurance agency
In this tribrid role, I was primarily responsible for managing and tracking Insurance Software Design projects and keeping the web developers on schedule. As the sole technical writer, I was also responsible for documenting web applications and other key processes across our diverse lines of professional liability and errors and omissions insurance.
Finally, I also project managed and wrote all of the content for Insurance Innovations’, our in-house insurance agency, new website. This helped me keep my content writing skills sharp; learn a lot about using WordPress as both a content management system and blogging platform; and enabled me to see how an insurance agent used the applications our development team created.
- Created comprehensive WordPress site to house suite of Insurance Software Design system tutorials, manuals and guides with password protected area for internal processes
- Composed IT standard operating procedures that cover essential internal operations, including disaster recovery, accounting operations and underwriting processes
- Authored in-depth tutorials with screenshots and step-by-step instructions; one-page quick start documents for the advanced user and guides for trainers responsible for instructing new users on using our online application and system
- Developed tutorials, quick starts and guides for all of the following lines of business: allied health, medical malpractice, dental professional liability, executive lines, and mortgage brokers and bankers liability insurance, as well as travel agency E&O coverage
- Researched and worked with subject matter experts to write documents detailing user management; quoting; application processing, binding and payment processes and policy generation across multiple lines of business.
- Managed and tracked Insurance Software Design IT projects.
- Facilitated department meetings.
- Tracked internal and client bugs and ensured they were processed in a timely matter.
- Communicated with insurance carriers, such as Fireman’s Fund and RPS, on project and bug resolution progress.
- Project managed Insurance Innovations site redesign project with Shebang Design.
- Researched and worked with internal insurance agent and underwriter
to create content for new site.
- Imported, uploaded and formated content and related photos in WordPress CMS.
- Created, edited and coordinated content for Insurance Innovations WordPress blog.
- Trained internal insurance agent to use WordPress CMS and blogging capabilities, and HootSuite for social media communications.
- Set up all related social media accounts in HootSuite.
- Follow all related insurance blogs for news and ideas.
- Set up google alerts to follow industry leaders on web.
About Insurance Software Design/Managed Insurance:
Industry: professional liability insurance, travel agency e&o
Company Size: under 20