Cancer Treatment Centers of America | Senior Writer/Content Creator
(Creative Circle Contract)
Boca Raton, Fla. | 2015
As senior writer, content creator at CTCA, I was responsible for writing a variety of patient-centered content for the company site, blog and newsletter. This was my first medical writing contract, and I learned how to quickly research complex subject matter and make it more accessible to cancer patients and their loved ones. I had access to the medical director for my subject matter expert, who ensured my content was accurate and on point.
SEO-DRIVEN ON PAGE SITE CONTENT
- Lead content writer in Boca Raton office for Isobar SEO Project
- Researched and created physician specialty content to improve regional search results.
- Wrote page content focused on identified keywords, such as gynecologic oncology, and used slight variations of the same core message to target all five of their U.S. hospital locations.
CONTENT CREATION AND DISTRIBUTION
- Wrote engaging posts for the CTCA blog that educated and informed patients and patient relative audiences
- Developed compelling integrative care content for cancercenter.com
- Published blog posts and clinician bios in Sitecore content management system
- Collaborated with other members of the growth team to brainstorm blog and newsletter content ideas
I’m including a few pieces of content I created while working at CTCA.
Breast cancer gives radiation oncologist new insights into cancer journey
Thoughtful cancer care packages comfort patients during treatment
Jimmy Carter’s treatment underscores importance of immunotherapy
Smart travel preparations can help patients stay healthy during holidays
Cancer patients find many layers of support in free websites
Company Size: 5,001 – 10,000